2016 B&E Hobart Run the Bridge – Road Closures
On Sunday 14 February the 2016 B&E Hobart Run the Bridge event will be held in Bellerive and Hobart.
The 10km event will start at Blundstone Arena (Bellerive Oval) at 7.25am.
A shorter, 5km event will start on Conara Road, Montague Bay at 8.30am where it will proceed onto the Tasman Bridge and follow the same course as the 10km event. Both the 10km and 5km events will finish outside Princess Wharf No1 on Castray Esplanade.
There will be a 1km children’s event held on Castray Esplanade which will commence at 9.45am and it is anticipated that Castray Esplanade will re-open at 10.30am at the conclusion of all three events.
Pursuant to Section 56A of the Vehicle and Traffic Act 1999, Tasmania Police advise of the temporary closing of the following streets to facilitate this event between 7.00am and 10.30am:
- Derwent Street;
- Victoria Esplanade, Bellerive between Bellerive Beach and Clarence Street;
- Cambridge Road, Bellerive between Clarence Street and Rosny Hill Road. However, over this section of Cambridge Road one lane in either direction will operate;
- Rosny Hill Road, Bellerive between Cambridge Road and the Tasman Highway;
- Riawena Road, Montagu Bay between Montagu Bay Road and the Tasman Highway AND between Conara Road and the Tasman Highway;
- Conara Road between Leprena Road and Riawena Road;
- Leprena Road;
- Tasman Bridge, Hobart left and middle lane for east to west bound traffic. The peak hour tidal flow lane can be used for east to west bound traffic during this time, however no left exit will be permitted off the Tasman Bridge onto the Lower Domain Highway;
- Tasman Highway, Hobart between the Tasman Bridge and Brooker Avenue for normal south bound traffic;
- Evans Street, Hobart between Davey Street and Hunter Street;
- Franklin Wharf, Hobart between Hunter Street and Morrison Street;
- Morrison Street, Hobart between Murray Street and Franklin Wharf, east bound only; and
- Castray Esplanade, Hobart between Gladstone Street and Princess Park entry.
Advice to motorists:
- Kangaroo Bay Drive and Pembroke Street, Bellerive will have no entry or exit during this event;
- Traffic wishing to use Rosny Hill Road to obtain access to the Tasman Bridge should use and will be diverted to Gordons Hill Road to obtain access via the East Derwent Highway;
- No vehicles will be permitted access under the Tasman Bridge from Lower Domain Highway. This will affect heavy vehicles, which usually use this route. Heavy vehicles should use Brooker Avenue;
- Residents on the event route, wishing to enter or exit during the event should park their vehicles off the route.
Vehicular and pedestrian traffic wanting to travel on or cross the event route will be affected. The road closures will only occur fifteen minutes prior to the approach and when participants are on a particular closed section of roadway.
Police will be in attendance to manage traffic and will stop or direct traffic away from the event route.
Motorists are asked to take particular care in and around the runners/walkers.
Any queries should be directed to Sergeant Gavin White on 6173 2419 or Radio Dispatch Services, 131 444.