The following specific types of fraud can also be reported to the following bodies:
- email, online and telephone scams (including scams from interstate or overseas) can be reported to SCAMwatch, which is run by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC)
- financial and investment scams and fraud can be reported to the Australian Securities and Investments Commission
- tax scams can be reported to the Australian Taxation Office
- superannuation fraud can be reported to the Australian Prudential Regulatory Authority
- migration fraud can be reported to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection
- Medicare, Centrelink and child support fraud can be reported to the Department of Human Services
- veterans’ entitlements fraud can be reported to the Department of Veterans’ Affairs.
- Matters involving fraud against an individual and/or private business should generally be referred to state or territory police.
- Matters involving fraud against the Australian Government should generally be referred to the Australian Federal Police and/or the agency involved.