Text service for hearing and speech impaired people: 0439 131 444
Hearing and speech impaired people can now contact Tasmania Police’s radio room via text message in non-emergency situations.
Depending on what the text message says, police will either text back, dispatch a unit to their location, or call the person back using the National Relay Service.
The text service is designed to provide a convenient line of communication with police for hearing and speech impaired people.
A non-emergency situation is one that is not life-threatening or time-critical.
The number to send a text message to police is: 0439 131 444.
Other numbers to contact police:
- In the event of an emergency phone Tasmania Police on Triple Zero (000) | TTY users dial 106
- For non-emergencies phone the Police Assistance Line on 131 444 | TTY users phone 133 677 and ask for 131 444
- If you are deaf, or have a hearing impairment or speech impairment, contact us through the National Relay Service.
- To anonymously report a crime phone Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000
- To contact Tasmania Police from an interstate location phone 1800 POL TAS (1800 765 827)