How to complete an application
|Consent to Check and Release a National Police Certificate – Application Form (.pdf 377kb)|
Section 1: Applicant Details
The following information is mandatory:
- Family name and all other surnames you have been known by
- Given name and any other given names you have been known by
- Current residential address
- Date of birth and full place of birth (e.g. Town, State and Country)
- Day-time telephone number. This number will be used should we need to contact you regarding your application
- Drivers licence details are encouraged as they help with identification if there is a person with similar details.
Section 2: Type of Police Record Check required
Select which type of Police Record Check you require.
- National Police Record Check (Fee applies)
- A check will be made of the police records held by all Australian police jurisdictions.
- National Police Record and Fingerprint Check (Fee applies)
- A check will be made of the police and fingerprint records held by all Australian police jurisdictions.
- Applicants are required to attend their local police station in order to provide their fingerprints.
- Alternative arrangements exist for some State Government Departments. Applicants should contact the relevant department prior to attending their local station for fingerprinting:
- Contact Department of Consumer Affairs and Fair Trading for Security and Investigation licence enquires.
- Contact Department of Treasury and Finance, Liquor and Gaming for Gaming licence enquires.
Section 3: Purpose of Record Check
It is mandatory to select one tick box only.
- This section deals with the reason for the Police Record Check and will determine the level of information that is released.
- Please select the option most appropriate for your requirements.
- For more information on what will be released please refer to the release guidelines.
Section 4: Payment Options/Fees
Please read Section 4 carefully.
- The National Police Record Check and the National Police Record & Fingerprint Check currently attract a fee.
- Tasmania Police will not process any Police Record Checks without the required payment.
- Payment can be made by attaching a cheque or money order to your application form.
- Alternatively, you may pay with a credit card by providing appropriate details on the application form.
Note: Receipts for payments will only be provided upon prior request. If you require a receipt please tick the relevant box on the application form.
Section 5:Declaration Of Volunteer / Concession Status
Applicants seeking to volunteer for organisations may be eligible to receive a National Police Record Check for a reduced fee.
- To receive the concession rate, organisations must complete the concession rate application form.
- If your organisation is registered with Tasmania Police please have section 5 signed by an authorised officer.
Section 6: Evidence Of Identity
Please read Section 6 carefully.
- Before a Police Record Check can be conducted, applicants must supply ONE Commencement Document, ONE Primary Document and ONE Secondary Document. Copies of identification must be certified by a Justice of the Peace or Commissioner of Declarations.
- One form of identity must include a copy of a clear photograph.
- Examples of acceptable forms of identity can be found on the application form.
Section 7: Statement of Consent and Indemnity
- Sign and print your name on the application form in front of a witness, before having them sign the form.
Note: Applications received at Criminal History Services, Tasmania Police without the requisite information, identification, payment or signature of consent will be returned to the applicant without being processed.