ParkSmart is a public awareness initiative to highlight the need for crime prevention awareness when parking vehicles.
To help prevent vehicle crime including damage to cars and the stealing of valuables, ensure you:
- Always lock windows and doors, even when parking in your own driveway or carport.
- Remove valuables or place them out of sight.
- Fit an immobiliser or steering lock.
- Consider installing a car alarm.
- Park your vehicle in well-lit open spaces or in garages or off-street parking areas.
To report suspicious behaviour phone the Police Assistance Line on 131 444.
To anonymously provide information to help solve a crime call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.