Applications for Assessed Disclosure (Right to Information)
Applications for the Department of Police, Fire and Emergency Management are to be directed to:
- Email: email@example.com
- Post: Right to Information, Department of Police, Fire and Emergency Management, GPO Box 308, HOBART TAS 7001.
The Application for Assessed Disclosure form should be completed in order to lodge an application.
- Applications for information need to be made to the department, authority or council holding the relevant information or most closely linked to the information. A webpage like this one is available for most other public authorities.
- If you are not using the form, please note that your applications must be made in writing and include the information which is requested in the form. This is a requirement of Regulation 4 of the Right to Information Regulations 2010.
- Applications are to be accompanied by the application fee. This fee is 25 fee units, which is $42.50 (effective 1 July 2022).
- You may apply to have the fee waived if:
- you are in financial hardship, which we take to mean that you are on income support payments (we would ask to see evidence that you are in receipt of Centrelink or Veterans Affairs payments)
- where you are a member of parliament and the application is in connection with their official duty, or
- you are able to provide information which shows the information sought is intended to be used for a purpose that is of general public interest or benefit.
- Make sure you have looked for the information before you make a formal application, because if the information is otherwise available, your application may be refused without the return of the application fee.