To achieve the Mission of providing a quality policing and emergency management service, Tasmania Police focus on the Values:
- Accountability: We are accountable for what we do and how we do it. We reflect and learn.
- Integrity: We are professional, honest and ethical in our conduct. We do the right thing.
- Respect: We value contribution and diversity, irrespective of role or status. We treat people with respect.
- Support: We are committed to supporting others. We listen and respond.
Tasmania Police operates under four key service delivery areas, with the departmental aims:
- Public Safety: For the community to feel safe and be safe
- Crime: To reduce crime
- Traffic Policing: To improve driver behaviour through traffic law enforcement
- Emergency Management: To contribute towards community resilience through effective security and emergency management.