News & EventsView news & events
New recruitment campaign
Tasmania Police has today launched a new recruitment campaign to encourage more women to apply to become police officers. The new campaign comes during Tasmania Police’s ‘100 Years of Women in Policing’ celebratory year.
Tougher penalties for drivers who evade police
The Police Powers and Related Legislation (Evasion) Act 2017 commenced operation on 13 September and makes a number of amendments to various legislation relating to the offence of evading police.
2016-17 DPFEM Annual Report
The 2016-17 DPFEM Annual Report is now available. Key points to note are:
• additional 66 Constables added during the reporting period
• home burglaries have decreased by 18%
• serious crime is up by 11% but this is inflated by a number of one-off personal crimes
• Tasmania still has one of the lowest crime rates in the country
• significant upgrades to police housing, especially in the State’s North-West
• ongoing rollout of the new Emergency Services Computer Aided Dispatch system.