News & EventsView news & events
Young People and Alcohol
With end of year celebrations ahead, it is timely to provide advice about young people and alcohol. A number of resources are available which further detail the Sale and Supply of Alcohol to Youth legislation.
New recruitment campaign
Tasmania Police has today launched a new recruitment campaign to encourage more women to apply to become police officers. The new campaign comes during Tasmania Police’s ‘100 Years of Women in Policing’ celebratory year.
2016-17 DPFEM Annual Report
The 2016-17 DPFEM Annual Report is now available. Key points to note are:
• additional 66 Constables added during the reporting period
• home burglaries have decreased by 18%
• serious crime is up by 11% but this is inflated by a number of one-off personal crimes
• Tasmania still has one of the lowest crime rates in the country
• significant upgrades to police housing, especially in the State’s North-West
• ongoing rollout of the new Emergency Services Computer Aided Dispatch system.