What We Do
To achieve the Mission of providing a quality policing and emergency management service, Tasmania Police focus on the Values:
- Integrity: We value integrity because we believe in honest, professional, transparent and ethical behaviour in all aspects of our business.
- Equity: We value equity because we believe in fair, consistent and inclusive behaviour when interacting with our people and our community.
- Accountability: We value accountability because we believe in being answerable for our decisions and actions, behaving professionally and being responsible for our outcomes.
Tasmania Police operates under four key service delivery areas, with the departmental aims:
- Public Safety: For the community to feel safe and be safe
- Crime: To reduce crime
- Traffic Policing: To improve driver behaviour through traffic law enforcement
- Emergency Management: To contribute towards community resilience through effective security and emergency management.