- Download a copy of the Department of Police, Fire and Emergency Management LGBTIQA+ Action Plan 2023–2026.
- If you require this document in an alternate format, please email us at: email@example.com.
The Department of Police, Fire and Emergency Management LGBTIQA+ Action Plan 2023–2026 (Action Plan) sets realistic and achievable goals for the next three years to continue to improve our relationships with the LGBTIOA+ community and support our LGBTIOA+ staff, volunteers, and their allies.
Our Action Plan is a significant step towards ensuring that every member of our community feels valued, respected and supported, regardless of their sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression.
Our commitment to inclusivity extends to every aspect of our operations, including emergency services and first responders who play a crucial role in safeguarding lives during times of crisis.
Our objectives are to:
- continue to build the trust and confident that the LGBTIQA+ community has in DPFEM
- work collaboratively with organisations and members of the LGBTIQA+ community to foster continuous improvement
- provide ongoing training and education to our staff and volunteers to enhance their understanding of LGBTIQA+ issues, cultural competency and sensitivity
- support of DPFEM LGBTIQA+ staff, members, volunteers, and their allies.
The Action Plan includes a number of actions that encompass comprehensive training programs, community initiatives and policy reforms that will empower our staff, members and volunteers to protect and serve the diverse Tasmanian community with compassion, understanding and respect.
The Action Plan will be supported by Tasmania Police LGBTIQA+ Liaison Officers, and DPFEM’s LGBTIQA+ Support Network members, and will directly benefit and empower LGBTIQA+ individuals by ensuring that they receive effective and sensitive responses from DPFEM personnel.
Through our Action Plan, we commit to working together to break down barriers, eliminating discrimination and fostering a more compassionate and equitable Tasmania.
For more information and support, please contact LGBTIQA.Liaison@dpfem.tas.gov.au.