Man charged following Lutana evade incident that injured police officer
Police have charged a 27-year-old Chigwell man following an evade incident in Lutana yesterday during which an unregistered motorcycle struck and injured a police officer.
The man was found to be in possession of a trafficable quantity of methylamphetamine and cash at the time of his arrest. He was also in possession of two knives, a laser pointer, cannabis, MDMA and prescription medications.
He was detained and appeared before the Hobart Magistrates Court this morning on charges including:
- Evade police (aggravated circumstances)
- Assaulting a police officer
- Trafficking in a controlled substance (methylamphetamine)
- Unlawfully possess dangerous article in a public place
- Possess a laser pointer in a public place, and
- Numerous traffic offences.
The man was remanded in custody by the court.
Anyone who witnessed the incident and hasn’t already spoken to police is asked to contact Tasmania Police on 131 444 or Crime Stoppers anonymously on 1800 333 000.