Outlaw motorcycle gang member charged with multiple serious offences
A senior member of the Bandidos outlaw motorcycle gang has been charged with multiple serious offences in the greater Devonport area following a major police investigation.
The 37 year old Sergeant at Arms of the Bandidos outlaw motorcycle gang Mersey River Chapter has been charged in relation to the following matters:
Police allege the matters include:
- A serious assault on an Italian national in East Devonport on 3 January 2018 where the man was significantly injured in a toilet block.
- On 27 February 2018 the man was intercepted with a woman by police at Penguin transporting a .22 rifle and ammunition.
- A Harley Davidson motorcycle evaded police along Port Sorell Road, Wesley Vale, on 5 June 2018 about 10:30pm. Police allege the man was the rider.
- A further serious assault on a 53 year old man who was attacked with a tomahawk axe in his own home at Latrobe on 10 June 2018.
The man was charged following a joint operation between Devonport CIB and Western Drug Investigation Services to investigate illicit activities of members and associates of the Mersey River Chapter of the Bandidos outlaw motorcycle gang.
The man was charged with multiple serious offences and will appear in the Devonport Magistrates Court on 5 February 2019.
The charges include Causing Grievous Bodily Harm, Unlawful trafficking in firearms, Conspiracy to Pervert the Course of Justice, Assault, Demand Property with Menaces, Aggravated Burglary, Evade Police (aggravated circumstances), Drive whilst not the holder of a driver licence, exceed speed limit (speed limit sign), Unregistered / Uninsured motor vehicle and breach of bail requirements.
During the operation, there were two other members and three associates of the Bandidos outlaw motorcycle gang Mersey River Chapter charged with serious offences:
- A 28 year old man has been charged with Assault (Criminal Code), Demand property with menaces and Aggravated burglary
- A 31 year old man has been charged with Burglary, Unlawful possession of property and Possess a controlled drug
- A 27 year old man has been charged with Assault (Criminal Code), Demand property with menaces and Aggravated burglary
- A 34 year old woman has been charged with Demand property with menaces and Perverting Justice
- A 27 year old woman has been charged with Causing Grievous Bodily Harm, Unlawful trafficking in firearms and Conspiracy to Pervert the Course of Justice.
“We will continue to actively disrupt the illicit activities of outlaw motorcycle gang members and those people who choose to associate with them and want the community to be reassured that that the poor behaviour exhibited by members of these gangs won’t be tolerated,” Detective Inspector Kim Steven said.
Anyone with information about the criminal activities of outlaw motorcycle gangs can report anonymously to Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or crimestopperstas.com.au