Police charge Glenorchy man with weekend crime series in Hobart
Police have charged a 22-year-old Glenorchy man with a series of crimes in Hobart over the weekend.
Police will alleged that on Saturday the man was responsible for:
- Burglary of a motor vehicle at the University of Tasmania Sandy Bay Campus.
- Burglary of a motor vehicle in Fitzroy Place, Sandy Bay.
- Burglary of a residence on Molle Street, Hobart.
- Aggravated Carjacking from another residence in Molle Street, Hobart.
- Being in possession of a firearm part and ammunition at the time of his arrest.
The man has been detained to appear in the Hobart Magistrates Court later today.
Detective Senior Sergeant Jim Semmens said:
“The early arrest of this man before he committed more crimes was because of the valued assistance of the public combined with teamwork by Detectives, members of Operation Saturate, and Uniformed Police.”
“Items of property have been recovered, however, this man may have been responsible for other matters. We are seeking the assistance of the public who may have sighted anything suspicious over the weekend. Members of the public can contact Hobart CIB on 6169 4411, or information can be provided anonymously to Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or online at crimestopperstas.com.au