Traffic affected during Run the Bridge
A reminder that traffic will be affected during the annual Run the Bridge event which takes place on Hobart’s Tasman Bridge early on Sunday morning February 15, 2015.
Runners in the 10km event will start at Bellerive’s Blundstone Arena at 7am and runners in the 5km event will start at 8am at the Clarence Pool. All will finish at the Hobart waterfront by 9.30am.
Vehicle access to the bridge will be restricted and delays should be expected.
Various roads along the route will be closed from time to time and some will have restricted access.
Drivers are asked to take particular care when near the runners.
Tasmania Police advise of the temporary closing of the following streets to facilitate this event between 6.45am and 9.30am:
- Derwent Street, Bellerive between Douglas Street and Queen Street;
- Victoria Esplanade, Bellerive between Bellerive Beach and Clarence Street;
- Cambridge Road, Bellerive between Clarence Street and Rosny Hill Road. However, over this section of Cambridge Road one lane in either direction will operate;
- Rosny Hill Road, Bellerive between Cambridge Road and the Tasman Highway;
- Riawena Road, Montagu Bay between Montagu Bay Road and the Tasman Highway.
- Tasman Bridge, Hobart left and middle lane for east to west bound traffic. The peak hour tidal flow lane can be used for east to west bound traffic during this time, however no left exit will be permitted off the Bridge onto the Lower Domain Highway;
- Tasman Highway, Hobart between the Tasman Bridge and Brooker Avenue for normal south bound traffic;
- Evans Street, Hobart between Davey Street and Hunter Street;
- Franklin Wharf, Hobart between Hunter Street and Morrison Street;
- Morrison Street, Hobart between Murray Street and Franklin Wharf, east bound only; and
- Castray Esplanade, Hobart between Gladstone Street and Princess Park entry.
Advice to motorists:
- Kangaroo Bay Drive and Pembroke Street, Bellerive will have no entry or exit during this event;
- Traffic using Rosny Hill Road should use and will be diverted to Gordons Hill Road and Rosny Esplanade;
- No vehicles will be permitted access under the Tasman Bridge from Lower Domain Highway. This will affect heavy vehicles, which usually use this route. Heavy vehicles should use the Brooker Avenue;
- Residents on the event route, wishing to enter or exit during the event should park their vehicles off the route.
Vehicular and pedestrian traffic wanting to travel on or cross the event route will be affected. The road closures will only occur fifteen minutes prior to the approach and when participants are on a particular closed section of roadway.
Police will be in attendance to manage traffic and will stop or direct traffic away from the event route.
Motorists are asked to take particular care in and around the runners/walkers.