If you have been affected by family violence, there are a wide range of supports available to you.

Key points:

  • If you or someone you know is experiencing family violence and need urgent assistance, call police on Triple Zero (000).
  • To report a non-urgent incident of family violence, call the Tasmania Police Assistance Line on 131 444 or attend your local police station to make a report. If you have a hearing impairment, call TTY 106.
  • For reports of family violence, if you do not wish to report the matter to police in the first instance, call the Family Violence Counselling Support Service on 1800 608 122 for advice, support and counselling.


Support services

The following support services are available to you regardless of whether you decide to make a report to police or not.

Family Violence Counselling and Support Service – 1800 608 122

The Family Violence Counselling and Support Service offers free and professional specialised services to those affected by family and sexual violence and works with a range of services across government and the community sector.

Call 1800 608 122 between 9am–midnight weekdays, and 4pm–midnight on weekends and public holidays. 

1800RESPECT – 1800 737 732

1800RESPECT is a national confidential family and sexual violence information, counselling and support service operating 24 hours, 7 days a week.